Website Innervest CC
Your Value-added Services Partner
The Data Specialist plays an integral role in designing and implementing processes for data cleansing and migration of data from a legacy system(s) to the new system. The Data Specialist partners with both users and technology role-players to analyse and assess the data available in the legacy system against the data requirements of the new system based on the approved data architecture principles.
- Partner with the users to identify and cleanse all data sets required for the new system.
- Validate and analyse data sets to ensure data consistency and internal requirements are met;
- Assist in technical direction for internal data models by coordinating with internal groups;
- Validate data structures and their functionality, completeness, and accuracy;
- Document metadata from source systems to the staging data store; and
- Gap analysis in the staging data store model. Use various tools and processes to complete data migrations from other software packages into our products in a timely and accurate manner;
- Develop procedures and scripts for continuous improvement and repeatable processes;
Co-ordinate database changes and migrations with the technical team, projects team, and management;
- Produce client-focused reports and logs of operations performed, including error reporting;
- Work with the user representatives to generate data mapping documents to execute against;
- Define and implement data migration strategy;
- Cooperate with stakeholders in documenting business rules for data migration;
- Participate in detailed design and product test execution as required;
- Facilitate resolution of production database issues;
- Actively participate in the project phases to successfully deliver the solution.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree (Computer Science, and/or
- Information Systems and/or Analytics and/or Informatics or similar) and three (3) years of relevant data management experience;
OR Honour’s degree (Computer Science, and/or
- Information Systems and/or Analytics and/or Informatics or similar) and five (5) years of relevant data management experience;
- OR Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, and/or
- Information Systems and/or Analytics and/or
- Informatics or similar) and six (6) years of relevant data management experience;
- OR Diploma (Computer Science, and/or Information
- Systems and/or Analytics and/or Informatics or similar) and fifteen (15) years of relevant data management experience.
Relevant data management experience is:
- 3-year minimum experience in design, plan and manage a data migration process; and/or
- 3-years minimum experience in plan and execute data cleansing and extraction activities; and/or
- 2-years minimum experience in performing migration, testing of static data and transaction data and data migration reconciliation; and/or
- 2 years minimum experience in a variety of different types of databases such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.; and/or
- 1-year experience in data and predictive analytics.
- MySQL scripting
- Microsoft Access knowledge
- ODI – ORACLE Data Integrator or SSIS – SQL
- Services Integration Services